Marble is just a beautiful natural stone that may be used for a wide selection of applications. Spanning from kitchen countertops to bathroom flooring, marble is just a versatile stone that is seen in lots of areas through the entire home.
Marble is actually a gentler stone that is more susceptible to chipping, staining, and chemical etching.
1. Keep a steady cleaning schedule: One of the best ways to prevent scratching and tarnishing of marble is to ensure the surface is regularly clean and free from debris. It is the rubbing of sand and dirt particles on marble that produces it tarnish. You can find quality marble worktops via http://www.stoneconnectionworksurfaces.co.uk/products/marble/ that can highly improve the overall look of your home.
2. Take care of spills before they stain: Acidic substances, such as for example soft drinks, wine, and juice, can wreak havoc on a marble surface if they're not cleaned up immediately.
3. Avoid sitting or placing heavy objects on marble: Always bear in mind that marble is significantly more fragile than it appears. The metal of pots and pans, as well as on jeans and pants, can simply scratch marble surfaces if not careful.
4. Polish marble on a regular basis: Taking the time to polish marble can go an extended way to help sustain its life. There are many polishes available on the market that is specifically designed for marble stone.
5. Refinish and restore your marble: After several years, your marble might benefit from being refinished and restored. Although there are professional services that provide marble restoration, you may also buy do-it-yourself marble restoration or refinishing kit.